Under the guidance of the Sr. Territory Manager this person will be responsible for on-farm sales. Working closely with the ANIMART team to increase sales, promote product, and increase customer base.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain an established customer base through quality customer service
- Expand the current customer base through cold calls and reactivating old accounts.
- Meet and exceed annual sales budget and sales goals
- Handle on-farm sales calls, quote prices and credit terms, and estimate delivery dates.
- Make outbound follow-up calls to potential and existing customers to qualify leads and sell products and services.
- Share on-farm knowledge with customers and demonstrate and familiarize established accounts with new products
- Documentation of visits and notes in CRM
- Travel to and attend trade shows, meetings, informational sales programs and committee meetings
- Pursue professional growth through continued education and company sponsored educational sessions
- Contribute to building a quality work environment at ANIMART by taking initiative, respecting others, and being a team player. Follow the policies and procedures in the ANIMART handbook. Use good communication by listening and sharing information to enable others to do their jobs more effectively. Use proper language and etiquette, set a good example and treat the customer with respect and appreciation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Enthusiasm, initiative, reliability, creativity, leadership, teamwork, confidentiality and an outgoing personality are important attributes for this individual. Professionalism, excellent organizational and communication skills (telephone and personal) are very important to this position. Candidate must possess effective communication skills, along with being able to multi-task.
- 4-year degree in agriculture, animal science or related field with a dairy background.
- Prior successful sales experience is required
- Working knowledge, understanding and interest in livestock production-based agriculture.
- Strong dairy farm experience and animal health knowledge in on-farm situations
- Must be customer driven, understand customers’ business and farm needs and be solutions oriented.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills in Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Strong organizational and documentation skills
- Ability to follow directions, prioritize work, and manage multiple projects
- Positive attitude and approach, accountability, self-motivation and professionalism.
- Clear driving record