Through consulting, education, and problem solving it is our goal to help our producers reach the full genetic potential of their herds while creating recognition of ANIMART as a dairy and livestock resource. Working with the ANIMART team, this person will be responsible for promoting and fulfilling the ANIMART brand, assisting the producer to attain their animal health and production goals while also helping to reach the goals of ANIMART.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Deliver a high level of technical expertise, service and support to ANIMART clients and sales staff. Assure those services are provided within corporate objectives and within budget guidelines.
- Develop, promote and execute value added programs and billable services to the producer (residue avoidance, milk quality, calf health, reproduction, vaccination, investigations, records, audits).
- Explore your passion for the industry. Create and implement a platform (area of expertise) for yourself that fits with your role in the industry and ANIMART.
- Establish and maintain valid VCPRs through farm visits, records, protocols and prescriptions.
- Actively engage clients in discussions about their operation. Assist in problem solving by performing investigations, identifying problems and developing solutions with the producers. Facilitate successful change by involving and educating all stakeholders.
- Daily documentation of all visits and phone conversations, recommendations, prescriptions, and issues.
- Complete herd information forms verifying how each producer runs their operation, their animal numbers and programs, develop drug budgets and provide written protocols. (Currently using VPM)
- Be readily available and responsive to producers with immediate concerns
- Work closely with the regulatory staff to keep records up to date and within state and federal requirements
- Assist in problem solving by performing investigations, identifying problems and developing solutions with the producers. Facilitate successful change by involving and educating all stakeholders.
- Focus on the ultimate success of our customers and the well-being and productivity of their animals
- Client/Staff Education
- Participate in developing and providing training materials and programs for staff and clients.
- Demonstrate and teach procedures such as oral fluid administration, IV catheterization, drawing blood, etc
- Collaborate and build strong relationships with other veterinarians outside of ANIMART.
- Support sales and marketing as a technical advisor and resource. Contribute to the success of others by collaborating, sharing knowledge and ideas.
- Possess a strong knowledge of the industry and the company’s product lines and services. Recommend products and consult clients to support ANIMART as a preferred resource and trusted partner of their animal health team.
- Participate & network with organizations such as DBA, PDPW, WVMA, AABP, AVMA and NMC, developing relationships and networking with industry influencers. Understand and influence the forces that will shape the industry in the future.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Enthusiasm, initiative, reliability, creativity, leadership, teamwork, confidentiality and an outgoing personality are important attributes for this individual. Professionalism, excellent organizational and communication skills are very important to this position. Candidate must possess effective listening skills, along with the ability to multi-task and problem solve.
- DVM Degree required; additional degrees and training a plus. Practice experience critical to perform duties. Applicable State license required. Federal Accreditation.
- An overall understanding of the dairy, veal, and beef industries; knowledge of animal production, nutrition, and products used in successful operations.
- Must be customer driven and be able to understand producer’s needs. Must strive to exceed customer expectations and be solutions oriented.
- The ability to learn and retain technical information and to be able to communicate this knowledge.
- Interest in new product and business development.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Dairy Comp 305 a plus)
- Ability to follow directions, prioritize work, manage multiple projects, and work independently.
- Valid Driver’s license without moving violations required.
- Full-time employment offering a competitive benefits package.
- Travel required
- Required to sign Non-Solicitation/Confidential Information Agreement
Position based at the ANIMART corporate office in Beaver